UTA Front Runner!

For over a year we have been watching the extra train tracks being built for UTA's Front Runner Train. The train runs from Plain City to Salt Lake City with several stops in between. We tried to ride the train on opening day, but the wait was around 3 hours for the free ride. We went back the following Monday and was able to get right on. The train was packed full of people and we had to stand. My daughter was able to squish in between some nice hobos who were also riding the train, because it was free!
The train arrived, but was going north. We had to wait a few minutes more for the train heading south. It was a great opportunity to take a quick picture though!

My son and girlfriend are ready to get on the train! Do you notice the stuffed animal on his back! I loved that he wanted to take his Cody with us! This shows me he is still my little boy! I will be sad when he stops doing stuff like this, because I'll know he's growing up! I don't want my children to grow up, not yet anyway!

My son is always curious and has to get up close to everything! I had to keep telling my children to stay off the yellow line so they wouldn't accidentally get hurt!

When we arrived in Salt Lake City we meet up with one of my younger sisters and her two cuties! She was just getting ready to catch the train back home. How funny that we both had the same idea!
Even though the train ride was packed with people and the ride was longer than we expected, it was still fun to experience it while it was new! We will have to try it again someday!
My employer provides a UTA pass, which will allow me to ride the train to and from work for free. This will be nice to use when I don't want to deal with the horrific traffic!

Comments

Anonymous said…
How funny that you ran into Brooke...that train looks awesome. My kids have never been on a REAL train....Disneyland doesn't count..lol! What a fun experience.
Brenda Hurd said…
looks like fun! We didn't have a chance to ride that day - but I want to take the kids one of these days and check it out!

Popular posts from this blog

My 1st Half Marathon of 2013!

June Workshop - Love U Dad!

Fun in Florida at Walt Disney World!