My TDY to Dallas, Texas!
My work sent me to Dallas, Texas to attend a training class on civil tax law suits. The training class was very informative; however, I do not think I get paid enough for what I am required to do. I am grateful I have a job, and I do love it, but the pay is not realistic! I have a job interview on Wednesday, May 28th for a promotion. This grade raise will allow me to work more challenging cases with more tax law involvement! Wish me luck!
This was my first time in Texas. I didn't see very many cactus, which surprised me because I thought Texas was more of a desert state. Dallas was greener than I expected and the weather wasn't too bad either.
I went to the Fort Worth Stock Yards. It was interesting to learn how they cared for the cattle, horses, sheep and pigs that were held there for sale! These animals were well taken care of and probably had better living conditions than some people in those days! I was even able to get a picture taken while on the back of this big ole long horn, which was exciting for me!
Here is a picture of my friend on an overlook of the stock yards. She also was attending the training class. It was nice to be in Dallas, Texas with a good friend!
This was my first time in Texas. I didn't see very many cactus, which surprised me because I thought Texas was more of a desert state. Dallas was greener than I expected and the weather wasn't too bad either.
While visiting the Dallas World Aquarium I was lucky and seen three Mayan dancers do a dance about water and fire! They were fun to watch.
I also visited the location where John F. Kennedy was shot and killed. I went to a museum called the Sixth Floor Museum and learned more about the shooting, which was very educational.
Comments
I really admire you! Single mom, career, doing a fabulous job stamping, and still finding time to do wonderful things with your children as well as recording those memories!
Incredible!
Mary