A Conversation about President Barack Obama.

President Barack Obama was on the television screen when my daughter and I had the following conversation:

Daughter (D): Mom, do we have to listed to him?

Me (M): Yes, we need to listed to him.

D: Dang it!

M: He is the new president of our country, so we need to respect him.

D: Is he going to kill our babies? She is talking about abortion.

M: No, he is not going to kill any babies, people will make sure of that.

D: Do you like him now?

M: I didn't vote for him, but maybe we should give him a chance. Our country has a lot of problems. Hopefully, he will fix some of those problems.

D: He can't help me with my problems!

NOTE: This past week, President Obama reverses abortion-funds policy. He has taken a direction I don't agree with!

Comments

Kristin Coppee said…
I haven't "listed" to him yet. I have better things to "list" to like "The Bachelor" and "American Idol". LOL. (She's so cute!) I know, I know, I'm a bad citizen and should be deported to Siberia ASAP! But, despite the abortion issue (makes me wanna' vomit - what is he THINKING?!?!), I do have hope that he'll do his best to make this country a better place. (SIGH).
Nicole said…
I was way worried and upset about the abortion thing as well. I feel the same way as her too in the fact that he can't help me with my problems. lol She is too funny!
Anonymous said…
I agree with her too-I don't listen to him either. He isn't my president cause I didn't vote for him either. I don't think he will be there 4 yrs-I sure hope not cause we are going to be up sh-- creek without a paddle if he stays in. I don't think he can do anything good. Traci
Anonymous said…
I am pretty much on the Obama presidency count down like many others. I couldn't even force myself to watch the inauguration.

Popular posts from this blog

My 1st Half Marathon of 2013!

June Workshop - Love U Dad!

Fun in Florida at Walt Disney World!