Project 365 Week 2

Sunday was game night. We all enjoy playing a board game each Sunday. My children are silly and sometimes like to change the rules as they go along!


Monday was back to work and school after a two week Christmas vacation. My children and I had turned into night owls, so it was a challenge to try and get to bed early. At 11:30 pm (Sunday) my son was still awake in his bed. He asked if it was morning already because he was ready to get up. I couldn't sleep myself and decided to get up and take a picture of the clock, since it was now Monday morning and I was not asleep. Notice my alarm is going to go off at 5:00 am!


Tuesday I seen these cute white horses at Wells Fargo Bank. My daughter loves horses, so I was determined to get her one. I was told they were free if I opened a children's account. My children now have another bank account and another stuffed animal. ;D


Wednesday my daughter asked if she could serve herself a brownie. I told her yes, but had no idea she would cut her piece out of the center of the brownie! LOL!


Thursday back to homework, homework, and more homework! It was also the day I got my Project 365 Kit in the mail. Yeehaw, now I have scrapbook homework!



Friday my children were in a spelling bee at their school. I'm proud knowing they are one of the top six spellers in their respective grade and thus selected to be in the spelling bee. This is the second year my son is in his school spelling bee.

The first grade spelling bee was first. The children had to draw numbers for their seat. My daughter picked seat number 6, which if you are familiar with spelling bees, is the best position to select. Anyhow, after the first two rounds no one was out, so they went to a higher level of words. The first four children misspelled their words and were out right away. This left seat number 5 and seat number 6 (my daughter), who automatically became 1st and 2nd place. See I told you it is a great seat! With only two children remaining, the spelling bee would continue back and forth until one of the two misses a word. Then the next person must spell two words correctly to be the winner. I can't remember who missed the word first, but I do know that it was going back and forth for the next 15-20 minutes and neither girl could spell two words in a row correctly. My daughter was misspelling words I knew she could spell if she would have focused, but she had lost interest and started playing with the microphone! Finally, the other girl spelled two words correctly and it was over. My daughter was 2nd place! Now she will be in another spelling bee in two weeks.

The second grade spelling bee was next. My son picked seat number 4, which is still a good seat to be in. Five of the six children in this spelling bee were in it last year, my son included! My son lasted until round four before he missed a word. He spelled elbow...E-L-B-O. He ended up in fourth place.


Saturday my sister and her children came to visit. My son is seen here showing my niece how to do a push-up (using the Iron Gym). If you come to visit, my son may have you working out in no time!

Comments

Lea said…
great pictures. I can't wait to see them in the book. Make sure to post pictures when you get them in.
Kristin Coppee said…
First of all, I have to say, "Well you just don't sit around doing nothin', do ya?" My goodness. You and your kiddos are OUT and ABOUT! How fun!

Secondly, congrats to the kids on being in their spelling bees. That's awesome. I was in a spelling bee in 5th grade (one of the few things I do well) and I got out on the word baggage. I was so disappointed to be in third place. I had never heard that word before. Then I grew up, got married, had a kid, got divorced, and it became a regular part of my vocabulary. It came back to haunt me!

Thirdly, Brooke's baby is so cute and I'm excited to see a pic of him, so thanks for posting that.

And finally, you are so stinkin' talented with the scrapbooking stuff. DANG! I'm jealous.

Popular posts from this blog

My 1st Half Marathon of 2013!

June Workshop - Love U Dad!

Fun in Florida at Walt Disney World!