Casa Hogar Nuestra Senora Reina de Los Angeles

Casa Hogar Nuestra Senora Reina de Los Angeles, also known as Queen of Angels, is the name of an orphanage we visited while in Agua Prirta, Mexico.



The orphanage consists of four two-bedroom suites, a nursery, classroom, dining hall, kitchen, library, day room, infirmary, psychologist office, chapel, computer and language labs and administrative offices.





The orphanage is owned by its sister organization, Blessed Nuno Society de Mexico.



It is my understanding that most of the orphans know who their parents are and even go home to visit family on Holidays. The only reason they are living at the orphanage is because their parents cannot afford to take care of them. Therefore, adopting them is hard because the parents do not want to give them up!



However, since Agua Prieta is located near the U.S. / Mexican border I can imagine some of the children are there because their parents died crossing the desert or their parents abandoned them in order to cross.



These children were so fun to see and play with, but I hated not being able to speak Spanish. I would have loved to have heard the story of how they came about living in this orphanage. And I would have loved to have taken one or two of them home with me.



I would LOVE more children. I never thought I would feel that way until this past year when I was approached by a close family friend who asked if I would adopt her daughter's unborn child. Her daughter was 20 and was pregnant with a third child (all with different fathers). I quickly said yes and set off getting ready for the big day...which would be sometime in August.



When I found out the baby was a boy I started thinking of a name. I always thought if I were to have another child I would name them Jordan Ryker (boy or girl). However, I wanted my children to be a part of the name process, so we all worked together and came up with the name of Jaxon Ryker Poulsen. That way my son's nick name would be Jac and the baby's nick name would be Jax.



I was excited to meet my newest child and my children were just as excited to have a baby brother. We began buying baby items and setting up an area in our home for Jaxon. I even hired a lawyer in Utah and began looking for a lawyer in Nevada, which is where the young mom lived. I told my boss at work about the baby and about my plans to take leave from August to December so I could spend time with with my baby.



My dreams were shattered a month before the baby was due. My friend who approached me and asked me if I would adopt this baby decided to tell the unborn baby's father about his son and of the plans her daughter had to have him adopted. I was heart broken and cried for a month or more. I had never felt that sad in my whole life!



I worried for this unborn child, whom I felt was now mine! And I was hurt to think my own friend had done this behind my back. I would have felt better if she would have approached me and told me her plans and that she no longer wanted me to adopt her grandson. To this day I have a hard time even talking to this friend because of how this ended.



This story does have a happy ending. The young mother, whom I dearly love, decided to keep her baby. She is 21 now and is a single mom of three beautiful little boys. I know motherhood is not easy, and this young mommy has a tough road ahead of her. But she is smart and is up to the challenge!



And if I am ever approached again and asked if I will adopt...the answer will always be YES!

Comments

Kristin Coppee said…
Yvonne, wow! You are an amazing woman! And one can tell, just my LOOKING at the pictures of your kids, that they are amazing too and have been taught well. I pray that you get the opportunity to adopt again. Any child who comes to you would be lucky. You're so blessed to have a job that would allow you to take time off to get to know this new child that would come to you. I love these pictures. I totally understand your want to take a couple of them home. They are beautiful little children and it's heart breaking to think of the stories that took them there. And how heart breaking for the parents who can't afford to raise them and have to send them off all week long.
mbreck said…
Oh I loved this one. I am so glad you went and I am so glad I get to live it through you by your amazing posts. Thank you so much. Each one has brought tears to my eyes and made me feel so blessed. You are amazing and I truly love you and you are an amazing Mom.
David Hveem said…
Thank you for the memory you have created. I will always remember the experience the rest of my life. People well never understand the true poverty that we experienced, nor the true love of the people unless they were there. thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

My 1st Half Marathon of 2013!

June Workshop - Love U Dad!

Fun in Florida at Walt Disney World!