Love That Hat


This layout was inspired by Carolyn Christie fun “Love that Hat” challenge which was posted on the CTMH art board. Thanks, Christine. I love the title of this layout, but I would have never used it if I didn’t do your challenge.

These pictures of my son were taken during the spring of 2007 when he was 6 ½ years old. I look at these pictures and my son looks so much older now. Wow, how quickly they grow!

The hat was bought at Disneyland and is from the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas. My son loves that hat!

He also loves his skateboard and is always asking to go to the skateboard park. When I take him, he and all the other young boys have to sit up top and wait until the older boys decide to take a rest. Otherwise, he would get knocked down. They almost need a skateboard park for the young boys and another for the older ones.

My son looked at the pictures and asked what the 360 meant. I told him it was because that day he was flipping his skateboard completely around. He corrected me and told me he had the skateboard upside down on his feet and jumped up causing it to flip over, so it was only doing a 180! My memory is bad, so good thing he remembered it correctly. I decided to keep the 360 on the layout to remind me of our conversation. Of course I better journal it on the back of the layout or I will forget that too!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to tell you: I love this B&T paper. It was designed by my cousin, Dustin Mackay.

Colors: Outdoor denim, cranberry, bamboo,and colonial white
Paper: CTMH CS and Route 66 B&T
Stamps: February word puzzle, rustic alphabet, storytime, and calendar
Accessories: Pewter photo hangers, brads, and spiral clips, and natural twill and hemp
Imagine: Medley

Comments

Kim Burmeister said…
My oldest is a skateboarder too and he is seven. I will have to scraplift this one. Love the hat!
Adrienne said…
Wow. This layout is amazing. It ALMOST makes me want to scrapbook (that is a BIG compliment, since I am not a scrapbooker).
Marjorie said…
Wow I adore this layout!! I love the fun journaling, how you did the title and used B&T to cover the oval element with! Fun colors too, perfect for your boy!! These pictures are too cute and that hat, lol! Gotta love what our kids pick out! Feel free to use the title on my mommy page ^_~ I love to share!