My Son and Machine Pitch

I couldn't wait for my children to get out of school so I could have some free time, since there would be no more nightly homework. I ended up with less time! My daughter had T-Ball games every Monday and Wednesday and my son had machine pitch every Tuesday and Thursday!

Whew! Baseball season is finally over, so hopefully now I can find some of that free time I was hoping for!

My son's team was the Colorado Rockies. Here he is ready to bat. He is wearing batting gloves he helped pay for. He insisted he needed them to hit home runs. Ironically, he did hit a couple of home runs during the season, so he must have known what he was talking about.

I love this picture because it shows the machine used to pitch the balls, my son with his glove in his pocket, and the beautiful mountains! Don't you agree those mountains are beautiful? That is one of the reasons why I love living in Utah!

My son always wore his right batting glove and had the left one in his back pocket when he played in the outfield! The glove was in and out of the pocket so much the pocket tore. He was so upset that my friend sewed it for him. He makes me laugh!
My son loved playing catcher, I think because it gave him more to do than hanging out on the field waiting for a ball to come his way! I loved how cute he looked in the catcher's get-up! If you look closely you can see he's still wearing his batting glove on his right hand and the catcher's mitt on the left. He actually played the position quite well.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just love baseball...I think it is my favorite to watch...and they just look so cute all dressed up in their uniforms...what fun, but it is a crazy schedule.
Kristin Coppee said…
Oh my gosh! That is so cute! What a good little guy - helping pay for his batting gloves. He looks like a little pro out there.

And yes, I do think the mountains in the background are beautiful and I would totally love to live in Utah. Bertrand and I almost moved there three years ago. We still might one of these days.
Jena said…
Looks like fun! Can I ask how old your son is? My daughter is 6 1/2 and this is her first year in softball - they are using a pitching machine and it pitches 30 mph, which I think is SO fast for those little kids! They're starting to get a hang of it, though. I love him in his catcher gear - my daughter USED to like that position until she got hit in the leg by a pitch while the ump was trying to help her fix her leg piece - the coach pitching just wasn't paying attention :-(

Anyway, I enjoyed seeing pics of your kids playing! Love the mountains - my mom lives in Lindon, and I just love to see the mountains when we're there.
Vonney said…
Jenn,
My son is almost 8. He was ready for machine pitch. My daughter is alomst 6 and I still had her in T-ball. If they have coach pitch in your area I would put your daughter in that before machine pitch!

Popular posts from this blog

My 1st Half Marathon of 2013!

June Workshop - Love U Dad!

Fun in Florida at Walt Disney World!