He is Finally Old Enough For Boy Scouts!
One of my friends happened to be with us and she was making me laugh. She told the man in the Boy Scouts store the prices for the items was ridiculous. She burst out, "$3.99 for a quarter size patch, I'll bet you have a seamstress at the ready for only $5.00 to sew it on, huh?" And low and behold, he did tell us where the scouts alterations were located. My friend told me I better keep the receipt and include it on a scrapbook page, because by the time my son's son goes to scouts it will be $200. And then he can tell his son he only paid $92 and has the receipt to prove it!
Later... I find out that the scarf and slider are only worn at pack meetings and special occasions. Another girl friend who has a son that just started scouts too, said her son doesn't even wear his uniform to his weekly meetings. All I could think was, "what a waste of money!" And to think they only wear this darn uniform for three years, you'd think they'd be able to wear it at least once a week. What is the world coming too? Everything seems to be about the almighty dollar these days, instead of the truer meaning, service before self.
Here's one to laugh about.
The Sunday before scouts my son kicked his sister on the way into church. I immediately stopped him and told him he can't be kicking his sister because scouts are nice to girls. And if you're going to be in scouts you can't be kicking girls. His reply, "FINE, then I won't go to scouts!"
Comments
On the other side, they only wear the blue shirts for 2 years, not 3.