Arches National Park
Sorry, but this post has a LOT of pictures! Maybe it will inspire you to go on vacation to Arches National Park, UT.




































Our Grand Canyon trip was cancelled, but we were packed and ready to hike...so we decided to still go on vacation (where we could hike). We didn't have much time to plan, so we went somewhere close. We choose Arches National Park and since I like to take bathes every day, we stayed in a motel rather than camp.
My children are the best hikers. They went on some difficult hikes and surprised me. I want to take them on a lot more hikes, but need to lose weight, so I can keep up with them!
The first hike we went on was the to the Delicate Arch. I have been on this hike so many times, but it would be a first for my children. While on the hike my daughter mentioned her toes were squished. I took a look at her shoes and thought the shoes looked to small. Dang it, her feet had grown and I didn't even think to check if they still fit in the shoes. Now it was too late and she would have to finish the hike with those squishy shoes.
One of the days we were hiking up to the Double O Arch a rain storm abruptly came upon us. Thunder and lightning were rumbling all around, which scared me because it was too close for my comfort. We had to turn back because hiking on the slick rock would be dangerous when wet. Once the storm stopped we went on a bunch of shorter hikes, which were not on the slick rock. My children wound up having a blst anyway.
The next day we went back to hike to the Double O Arch. I have been on this hike before, but could not remember any of it so I was excited to hike it. The hike started out easy but later ended up on a difficult primitive path. Three times I felt I was putting my children at risk and wanted to turn around. One of the times was while we were hiking across a rock fin. The rock fin was about 4 feet wide. One side had a 20 foot drop, but the other was about a 200+ foot drop. I went half way across it with my children and then decided to turn around. We sat down and took a break while my friend went across. I talked with another hiker, a man from Colorado. He said my children would be safe walking across the rock fin and that we were too close to seeing the arch to turn around now. He told how beautiful the view was from the top of the Double O Arch and I knew I had to finish the hike.
After crossing 3 rock fins and sliding on our bums to get to safety we finally made it. It was beautiful and worth the hike. I needed assistance climbing through the bottom arch but my son climbed up like a regular little mountain goat. We climbed to a ridge on the opposite side and was able to see a fantastic view. We had a snack, soaked up the beauty of nature, and then headed back. We had a great time.




































Our Grand Canyon trip was cancelled, but we were packed and ready to hike...so we decided to still go on vacation (where we could hike). We didn't have much time to plan, so we went somewhere close. We choose Arches National Park and since I like to take bathes every day, we stayed in a motel rather than camp.My children are the best hikers. They went on some difficult hikes and surprised me. I want to take them on a lot more hikes, but need to lose weight, so I can keep up with them!
The first hike we went on was the to the Delicate Arch. I have been on this hike so many times, but it would be a first for my children. While on the hike my daughter mentioned her toes were squished. I took a look at her shoes and thought the shoes looked to small. Dang it, her feet had grown and I didn't even think to check if they still fit in the shoes. Now it was too late and she would have to finish the hike with those squishy shoes.
One of the days we were hiking up to the Double O Arch a rain storm abruptly came upon us. Thunder and lightning were rumbling all around, which scared me because it was too close for my comfort. We had to turn back because hiking on the slick rock would be dangerous when wet. Once the storm stopped we went on a bunch of shorter hikes, which were not on the slick rock. My children wound up having a blst anyway.
The next day we went back to hike to the Double O Arch. I have been on this hike before, but could not remember any of it so I was excited to hike it. The hike started out easy but later ended up on a difficult primitive path. Three times I felt I was putting my children at risk and wanted to turn around. One of the times was while we were hiking across a rock fin. The rock fin was about 4 feet wide. One side had a 20 foot drop, but the other was about a 200+ foot drop. I went half way across it with my children and then decided to turn around. We sat down and took a break while my friend went across. I talked with another hiker, a man from Colorado. He said my children would be safe walking across the rock fin and that we were too close to seeing the arch to turn around now. He told how beautiful the view was from the top of the Double O Arch and I knew I had to finish the hike.
After crossing 3 rock fins and sliding on our bums to get to safety we finally made it. It was beautiful and worth the hike. I needed assistance climbing through the bottom arch but my son climbed up like a regular little mountain goat. We climbed to a ridge on the opposite side and was able to see a fantastic view. We had a snack, soaked up the beauty of nature, and then headed back. We had a great time.
Comments
Great pictures and I can't wait to take my kids there when they're a little older