Math Tutor Wanted for the Summer!


My daughter started the first quarter of First grade with an E (Excellent) in math. Second quarter came around and the grade dropped to a G (Good). By third quarter it had fallen to a S (Satisfactory). The S was hard because she was no longer on the A/B Honor Role and she noticed! It killed me because I felt like I had failed her.

Discussions with her teacher make me believe her math grade may have dropped again. I will find out when she gets her report card at the end of this month. Lately she's been bringing home a lot of math, which is work she never finished in class or was completed with incorrect answers. She spends a good hour every night doing just math homework!

My daughter is very independent and headstrong. She will say she already knows what to do and is unwilling to listen to anyone teaching her how to do the math! She also has a hard time working on homework while her brother is outside playing!

I worry about my daughter's math skills. My friend bought both my daughter and son two math workbooks each, so they can maintain skills they've learned and maybe learn some new ones. Now my son can join in on all the fun! His teacher did say a lot of children have trouble with math and fall behind during the summer. So, I've created a summer math and reading plan for my children and hope to keep them happily engaged during the summer. Wish me luck!

Also, I'm currently looking for someone who will tutor my daughter during summer camp! I spoke with the school principal and she is soliciting both teachers and high school students to help me find someone interested in the job. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

My goal is to get my daughter back to E (Excellent) or G (Good) by the first quarter of Second grade and to ensure they both have maintained their reading and math skills from the prior school year!

Comments

Brit said…
You know if there is anyway to work it out, I'd help tutor her.
Lois Lane said…
I think it is WONDERFUL that you have your children doing academic stuff over the summer!! One of the many things I admire about your parenting.

As for the tutoring, I think you should send your daughter up to Brit's place for the summer.
mbreck said…
I want a copy of your program you have your kids on. I would love to do it also. Any suggestion for my son, he is a little behind developmentally.

Popular posts from this blog

My 1st Half Marathon of 2013!

June Workshop - Love U Dad!

Fun in Florida at Walt Disney World!