Happy Father's Day!





My father celebrated his 69th birthday on Father's Day! I love him so much. He has been a significant part of mine and my children’s lives. I sincerely appreciate all he has done and continues to do for us.I was a challenge for him when I was growing up and raising me was not easy. He rose to the occasion and never gave up on me. Only now, that I am a parent I understand you do what you can to protect and teach your children. I hope as I continue to grow and learn as a parent that I can do the same for my children as he has done for me. I am thankful and love him for that!
He taught me the importance of hard work. As a child I watched him go to work early every morning. When he came home he would read the news paper (for a break) and then he was off working again outside in the yard or fixing something around the house. He was never idle and always hard at work on something. If I was sitting around bored, he would always put me to work. Today, I have a great job and have potential to go even higher up the ladder. If I had not witnessed his hard work ethics as a child, I would never have been where I am today. I learned from him that working hard is not always easy but in the end is worth all the time spent. I am thankful to him for that!
He taught me the importance of saving money. All my life I have watched him be frugal. Because of this, he has never been in debt and he has always been able to provide for his family. I have never seen him spend money he didn’t have. And not very many people can say they bought a car with cash! Wow, I love that about him! Currently, I spend more than I should, but I am not in debt. It is because of him that I always think about my spending and ensure I have what I need but don’t spend more than I have. I am thankful he set the example throughout the years!
He taught me the importance of school and getting an education. He is always reading and teaches how important it is to continue learning. I remember coming home from school with an empty backpack and he would ask me if I was getting straight A’s. I never did get straight A’s, but I did graduate from high school and continued on to get a bachelor’s degree in college. Today, I love reading to my children and currently teach them how important it is to read and get good grades in school. Often I find my daughter in her room reading on her own. My children are both excellent readers! I am thankful for that!
He has always been generous to me and my children. Anytime I have needed his help he has dropped whatever he was doing and came to my aid. He has fixed my cars, worked on my houses, helped me move, and even taken care of my children. I am so thankful for that!
I love him more than you can imagine. He is the best Dad a girl could ever want or have expected in a Father. I could never have imagined life without him. I am thankful for all he has done and continues to do for me and my children.
Happy Birthday and Happy Father's day Dad! I love you! Thanks for being the best dad in the whole world!
Comments