Our Hike To Water Fall Canyon!










I love to hike and my son loves it too. My daughter, on the other hand, only likes to hike when she's in the mood. My daughter was not in the mood to hike on this day. It was a very hot day making her furhter out of the mood. She complained the first half of the hike and had me laughing so hard with her silly comments. I'll admit it was extremely hot on this day, but I knew once we were at the top, she would enjoy playing in the water. And besides I needed to hike to get a little bit of exercise!

My daughter did in fact forget she was hot, and started to enjoy herself. Maybe it was because we were hiking by a small stream and it got a little cooler, or maybe it's because she got to meet so many dogs along the way. I don't know what it was, but I was happy to see her finally happy to be hiking with us.

My son is in such great shape and had to wait for us (mostly me) to catch up. He is such a good sport about it. Maybe because he is happy when he is outside and even happier when he is exercising!

I've been on this hike before and it took us longer than I ever remember. I think it is because I'm obese, which in turn made me slower and because I haven't been exercising! I better start working on that!

After this hike we ate dinner at The Oaks, which is a restaurant up in the canyon along the river. My children enjoyed eating outside by the river because they were able to catch a couple of young guys fly fishing! We all had a blast!

Comments

mbreck said…
I actually wanted my kids to grow up a little just to be able to hike this. Very cool. I do have a back pack that fits Butterball and then I could put Appleseed on the front. How hard do you think that would be? He he. Especially to put Butterball in and out if he wanted to walk. Maybe I will wait.

Popular posts from this blog

My 1st Half Marathon of 2013!

June Workshop - Love U Dad!

Fun in Florida at Walt Disney World!