
I had heard about
Bountiful Baskets many times and decided to finally try it with my sister Brooke.

The co-founders, Tanya and Sally, provided a riddle on Facebook Friday night, so we could try and guess a fruit and a vegetable that would be in the baskets.
Friday’s Fruit Riddle was:
This fruit has a delicious peel and bad tasting fruit! The answer is
kumquat. My children always beg me to buy those and I never have. I told my daughter we were going to get kumquats in our basket and she was excited.

However, we did not receive any
kumquats in our basket and was told the harvest ended up running short due to bad weather! My daughter was disappointed. I told her maybe we will get some
kumquats next time. She quickly forgot about the
kumquats when her cousin's arrived.

Friday’s Vegetable Riddle was:
The main vegetable in a very Irish dinner! The answer has got to be
cabbage or maybe potatoes. I would be happy to get either one of those in my basket.

So here is what was in my two baskets.
Wow, all of this for only $16.50. What a deal. Looks like my children and I will be eating good next week. I know I would have paid a lot more for all of this at the grocery store. In fact, I noticed that strawberries were 2 for $5 at the local grocery store.

I plan on making a
Finnish stew called Mojakka with one of the heads of cabbage and an
Oriental Coleslaw with the other. I will post those recipes later this week (or the next).
Comments