First Place at the Science Fair

My son brought home a list of different Science Fair projects and told me he needed to select one or find another. I looked at the list and they all sounded boring. My best friend quickly gave him an idea. She told him because he loves making paper airplanes maybe he could figure something out with them. I laughed and could not figure out how he could do a Science Fair project on paper airplanes.

The Science Fair project was to test which paper airplane would fly the farthest. My son loved working on this project and we dealt with tons of paper airplanes flying around our house during the whole time. If you want to see him working on his project click here and here.

I started reading his books on paper airplanes and found them to be interesting. Who knew there was more than one way to fold a paper airplane.

My best friend helped my son with this project and I am happy she did because I really had no clue how to fold an airplane or how to throw it correctly. The only thing I helped with was to show my son how to use my Cricket to cut out his title.

My son had to give an oral presentation too. One night I heard him in the bathtub practicing it. I loved hearing him!

He took forever to type up his report on the computer. However, it was good for him to practice his computer skills too.

My son had to wear his Sunday clothes (on the day of the Science Fair). He must have been nervous or excited because he couldn't figure out what was wrong with his shirt. I laughed and grabbed the camera.

My son was excited when he seen that he and his best friend both received a first place ribbon! I was so proud of him.

My son already has an idea for his next Science Fair project. He now wants to test the hang time of paper airplanes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 1st Half Marathon of 2013!

June Workshop - Love U Dad!

Fun in Florida at Walt Disney World!