Audubon Zoo


Here is another layout with pictures from the Audubon Zoo located in Louisiana. Hurricane Katrina hit Louisiana on August 29, 2005. We were there almost a year later (July 2006) and the damage could still be seen all around.

The zoo is located right off the Mississippi River. We rode a ferry to get to the zoo, which was a lot of fun! Even though the zoo had damage, this was one of my favorite zoos. Each area was designed with a special theme. I loved all the sculptures that were located throughout the zoo. My children loved the zoo too, but had a hard time with the heat and high humidity.

NOTE: This layout was inspired by Marjorie Eno's color challenge #11. We had to use at least three of these colors: Heavenly Blue, Sweet Leaf, Buttercup, and Chocolate. And we were allowed to add another color if we wanted. I added White Daisy.

It took me a long time to get this challenge completed. I was gone to Las Vegas last week and when I got home I hurt my neck and had a bad headache, so I didn’t feel like scraping. I finally went to my doctor and got a muscle relaxer and pain medication, so I am feeling a little bit better. Now, I have to do three weeks of physical therapy, so hopefully I will be back to my normal self soon!

Colors: Heavenly Blue, Sweet Leaf, Buttercup, Chocolate, and White Daisy
Paper: CTMH cardstock, Good Times and Let’s Get Together B&T paper
Stamps: Free Spirit, Star Struck, The Works Alphabet, Charm Lower Case, and Calendar
Accents: CTMH Tan Hemp, White Daisy Ribbon, Chocolate Edge Anchors, Mini Medley, and Blue Flower by Bazzill Basics Paper
Imagine: Leading Lady

Comments

Marjorie said…
Oh my this is such a gorgeous layout!!! The papers are so perfect and these pictures are fabulous!! I love your tags behind the photo and all those little details. Thanks for playing dearie!
Brandy Jo said…
I love how you mixed paper packs. Your layouts are sooo cute.
Kim Burmeister said…
Love your title...So CREATIVE!

Popular posts from this blog

My 1st Half Marathon of 2013!

June Workshop - Love U Dad!

Fun in Florida at Walt Disney World!