My Son Reading the Scriptures

I have been so busy and haven't had time to post anything! This story happened a few weeks ago, but I want to share it with you!
A few weeks ago my daughter was talking about a ghost with my son, which lead to a conversation about Satan. My daughter was scared and didn't want to go to bed. My son asked me if he could read her a book, so she would not be afraid anymore.

He brought out his scriptures and asked my daughter if she wanted him to read "words from God or words from Mormon." She choose "words of Mormon." He started reading the Book of Mormon and I was amazed. He read the words perfectly.

And guess what? She was no longer afraid. It really worked. I was amazed, because he did not learn this from me. He must have learned it from school (he goes to a Christian school) or church.

I don't read the scriptures . I find the children's scripture books to be more enjoyable and that is what I read.

Anyway, the next day he read the Book of Mormon in the car on his way to school! What an angel I have!

Comments

Kristin Coppee said…
Oh my gosh! That is an awesome story. What a sweet boy.
Adrienne said…
What a sweet, sweet story.
He is so precious.
Anonymous said…
Oh...what a sweetheart...that one melts the heart! He'll be a catch when he's older...the girls will be chasing that handsome spiritual giant! I bet you're a proud mama!

Popular posts from this blog

My 1st Half Marathon of 2013!

June Workshop - Love U Dad!

Fun in Florida at Walt Disney World!