My Biopsy Results!

Aren't these two giraffes cute? My sister is a nurse and was working the day I had my breast biopsy. She gave these giraffes to my children. My son named his Lucky and my daughter named hers Stitch.

I had a lump in my right breast. The lump did not increase in size, but it never went away. After a year my doctor was pretty sure it was not cancerous, but said it was time to prove it. She recommended a biopsy. I didn't want a biopsy and had the doctor wait another six months before I finally agreed with her.

I had the biopsy on September 16. My doctor removed the lump and the surrounding tissue. I now have a 1 1/2 inch scar (just in time for Halloween). Who knew the incision had to be so large. Anyhow, the results came back and the lump was not cancerous.

I will have another mammogram in six months and thereafter will return to yearly.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Fabulous news....my sis-in-law went through the same ordeal, but they couldn't remove the entire lump...so now she has a scar and a lump, which isn't fun. Glad the results were negative! I was told by my doctor that because we have a history of cancer on our father's side of the family we aren't at as high a risk...it is worse if it is on your mother's side. Lucky us!

Popular posts from this blog

My 1st Half Marathon of 2013!

This is What Made ME CRY the Most!

June Workshop - Love U Dad!