I Am A Child Of God - A Different Version!
I also love reading blogs of people I have never met. I think it is because its true life stories and I'm given the opportunity to read it while its is happening! I find myself attracted to the blogs with tragic life experiences.
Anyhow, I was following a blog about a baby girl named Gracie. She was born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS). I have been busy lately and hadn't read her blog for about a month. I decided to check it out the other day and was sad to find little Gracie had passed on.
Her blog (March 6 post) had lyrics to "I Am A Child Of God" and the words were different from what I was used to singing. It made me cry and I wanted to share the words. The words in this version of the song was written for parents who have lost a child.
I am a child of God and He has called me home.
My earthly journey's through but still, I do not walk alone.
He leads me, guides me, walks beside me, helps me find the way.
He welcomed me with open arms. I live with Him today.
I am a child of God and I have gone ahead.
My earthly life was brief but oh, such peace and love you gave.
You loved me, held me, stood beside me and though I cannot stay.
You gave me much to help me and I live with Him today.
I am a child of God and I will wait for you.
Celestial glory shall be ours, if you can but endure.
I'll lead you, guide you, walk beside you.
Help you find the way.
I'll welcome you with open arms
One bright Celestial day.
--Donna Kulliard
Comments