My House

MY KITCHEN:
The picture above is the kitchen in my current home. I like my kitchen, but would love a larger one. I do however hate the counter tops and fake tile floor! I know my chairs don't match my table. I recently painted my table black and plan to paint the chairs black when the weather gets warmer.

THE HOME I FELL IN LOVE WITH:
The kitchen in the post below is from a home I wanted to buy. I fell in love with that home and got my heart broken today when I found out someone has already put an offer on it, which was higher than mine. I know what amount I can afford. My children currently attend private school and I want to keep them at that school, so I'm not going to out bid the other people! I will just wait and see if their loan goes through or not and/or start looking again.

MY CURRENT HOME:
My current home is 5 1/2 years old. I fell in love with it the day I walked in it and knew it was something I could afford. The home is 3 levels, which I didn't think would be a problem until I moved in and summer came! The upstairs gets boiling hot and when I turn on my central air the upstairs is still hot! My children and I die from the heat during the summer months!

Right away I had a lot of cement laid, for a bigger back patio, a basketball court and a larger driveway -RV pad. I had to have a lot of dirt brought in for the basketball court and RV pad. Now the ground has settled and the basketball court has cracked and the retaining wall is slowing falling into the neighbors yard (which is lower). It's not visible from the street, but I can see it and know that down the road I will need to remove the cement and start over.

I decided I hate carpet, especially in heavy traffic areas. If I stay in my current home I will remove the carpet in the family room and change it to a wood floor. Then maybe my children could actually get to go out the glass sliding door into the back yard. I currently won't let them because I don't want the carpet to get dirty.

My kitchen currently has fake-tile (textured linoleum) and I would like to have a real tile floor or change it to wood. I would also like to add tile to 2 bathrooms upstairs and the bathroom and laundry room on the main floor.

My house is currently painted an off-white and I have been slowly (and I mean slowly) painting it a light brown. However, I keep passing the wall in the front room because the ceiling is vaulted and I can't figure out how I would paint the top. If I even had a ladder that high I wouldn't even want to get on it! I would have to pay someone to paint that part for sure! I could do without a vaulted celling!

My friend currently lives with my children and I. She lives in my basement and hates it when we are in the kitchen walking around. She feels like she is in the dungeon and I hate that! I have been in other homes where the sound upstairs is not loud like my home.

My friend and I both work from home. We share an office in the basement. It's a little squishy, but it works for now. My friend has to walk through the office just to get to her bedroom and bathroom which isn't the best! I would rather the office was located in a separate room which could be locked when we are not in it.

I have a huge back yard and love it. When I moved in I put a large sand box in the back. Large as in 25' by 25'! Now I hate that sand box. Who knew that half the sand would find its way into my house! Yuck! That is another reason why my children are not allowed to walk in the back glass sliding door. I do not want all of that sand in my family room carpet! If I stay I will remove all of that sand!

I moved to a new home 5 1/2 years ago hoping for a neighborhood full of small children, so my kids would have lots of friends close by! Most of the homes were not even completed when I moved in and I thought people with small children would move in. After all it was a new neighborhood. I had just moved out of a 35 year old home where my neighbors were mostly old folks who were slowly moving out and into homes for the elderly and ghetto people were moving in.

My current home does not have a fireplace. If I stayed I would like to add a fireplace to the family room.

My current home has vinyl siding. Parts of the siding is damaged from the heat and will need to be replaced. I wish my home was brick!

Comments