
I worked in the field today. I love field days when the weather is nice and today the weather was nice! It wasn't snowy or raining. It wasn't too cold or hot either. It was just right! Perfect weather to sit in a car driving around all day. When I'm working in the field I always feel like I am on a FIELD TRIP!

Let me explain what a FIELD DAY is. I choose a field day at least once a week, but could be more depending on my workload. On field days I drive around all day in my car. I listen to my favorite radio station (usually talk radio or Dr. Laura) and I get to enjoy the beautiful mountain scenery or the beautiful valley below (unless it is a smoggy day). I can even see the Copper Mine, which is beautiful too!

What else do I do in the field? Well, I drive to homes and/or businesses to visit people. Most of the time they do not know I am coming (and I don't want them to). I bring them bad news. They already are aware of the bad news, but have ignored it. Now, I am at their door and they have to deal with the news and figure a way to resolve it.

I work alone in the field. No, I am not scared. I usually catch people off guard and they are scared of me. And some people are happy to see me (believe it or not).

After my first visit, people usually stop talking to me. I have to get them engaged again, so I take some form of enforcement action to let them know I am serious.

After I take enforcement action people get mean and ugly! They call my boss to complain, which is good because then he knows I am doing my job! My job is not for everyone. You have to be willing to enforce and follow through with the consequences you state you were going to take.

By the way...I only get assigned cases where letters were previously mailed (more than 1) and no reply was received. My job is to find out why they aren't responding. Did they move, close their business, or just ignoring the notifications?

Anyhow, I really love working FIELD days! It is my favorite part about my job! On the days I'm not working in the field, I am working at my home office and at least 1 day a week I work in the office in the city (where my boss is located).
I love field days, they are like a field trip to me!
Comments