No GraNd CaNYon TriP dUe tO SwiNe fLu!




Had it not been for the recent outbreak of the Swine Flu (H1N1 Influenza) we would have been heading down to the Grand Canyon today! And tomorrow we would have hiked 10 miles down the canyon to our camp ground by Havasu Falls. However, the Havasupai Tribe doesn't want us coming down and they closed the reservation side of the Grand Canyon off from the public. Dang it! We are so disappointed!

We bought clothes, camping supplies and freeze dried food for this trip. I got leave scheduled off from work and my children were not expected back to school until the following Tuesday. My daughter had already started working on homework for while she was on vacation.

I have always wanted to hike the Grand Canyon and now I will have to wait some more. My brother-in-law said he was planning another trip later this year, so maybe I will still have a chance or maybe I'll just wait until next year.

Comments

Lea said…
That stinks! I've always wanted to hike the Grand Canyon! I hope you get to do it soon.

Popular posts from this blog

My 1st Half Marathon of 2013!

June Workshop - Love U Dad!

Fun in Florida at Walt Disney World!