Oriental Coleslaw

Every time I make this salad both of my children complain of the strong vinegar odor. My daughter helped me make it and made a mess in my kitchen. I should have taken a picture of the mess.

I loved this salad the first time I tried it. It is another great recipe I received from my sister Teresa. It went perfectly with the homemade grape juice my sister Brooke gave me. One day I need to make this salad with purple cabbage too. What a yummy lunch!

I served my children a small portion (using play dishes) and they still complained it was too much!

Look at the funny face of my son trying to eat his bite of salad. Trust me, this salad is to die for. Maybe it is not for picky children!

Ouch! Only my silly billy daughter would think of using her hair clip to plug her nose! However, she loves attention and I have a camera in my hand, so what better way to get me to take a picture!


Before my daughter would eat a bite she washed the vinegar off! You will have to make this salad and see for yourself how divine it truly is! Do NOT trust my silly children!



Oriental Coleslaw
From Teresa

Combine in a small bowl and whisk till well blended:
½ cup sugar
½ cup red wine vinegar
½ cup olive oil
1 seasoning pack from Chicken Ramen Noodles

Combine in a large bowl:
I head of cabbage, chopped (may use up to 3 different kinds of cabbage together)
3-4 chopped green onions
½ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup almond slices

Pour dressing over and mix well. Chill till cold (at least 1 hour)

Sprinkle over salad before serving:
Crushed Ramen Noodles

Comments

Carolyn said…
These are the cutest shots I have seen in a long time.
Can't wait to see them scrapped! You are a hoot!
Kristin Coppee said…
I love this stuff! Whenever my mom makes it, I have to try not to eat the whole thing.

Popular posts from this blog

My 1st Half Marathon of 2013!

June Workshop - Love U Dad!

Fun in Florida at Walt Disney World!