Strep Throat...and what's this about Rheumatic Fever?

My son has been SICK for four days now. He has not been this sick since he had SWINE FLU back in October. I hated seeing him sick and it seemed like he was only getting sicker. I finally decided he needed to be checked out, so I took him to see a doctor early this morning (after midnight). It cost $40 because it was after hours urgent care, which is $15 more than last year. If I would have shown up four hours earlier I would have paid $25 less! That's a lot of money, but I am glad I did because he tested positive for STREP THROAT.

The doctor also discovered a heart murmur and said it could be caused by the STREP THROAT and could also progress to RHEUMATIC FEVER. He said if he shows any of the following signs to take him to emergency: chest pain, joint pain, rash, skin nodules, and uncontrollable movements. Wow, I feel like I am dreaming. I had no idea that could happen. The doctor also said if he gets better to have a doctor check his heart again, to make sure the heart murmur is gone.

I have been sick for a week now, but nothing like my son. My daughter said she knows why my son and I are sick and she is not. It is because she sings PRAISES TO THE LORD! Oh she makes me laugh! I love my sweet, funny, crazy daughter. And, yes she is always singing songs about Jesus!

Comments

Lois Lane said…
Poor kid. Have you tried Cepacol for sore throats? It numbs longer than Chloraseptic does.
mbreck said…
Oh those pictures broke my heart. The poor kid!

Popular posts from this blog

My 1st Half Marathon of 2013!

This is What Made ME CRY the Most!

June Workshop - Love U Dad!