Body Worlds

We went to Body Worlds 3 last week and were fascinated by what we saw. It was better than anything you could have ever seen in a science class!

It was interesting to see what our body looks like on the inside. I was amazed the uterus was a lot smaller than I ever imagined. It reminded me of a little coin purse. The liver and stomach are a lot bigger than I thought too. No wonder why I can eat so much food! LOL!

We were able to view healthy organs and damaged ones. We even got to see a cross section of an obese man. I walked away wanting to take better care of my body!

They also had several embryos to view at multiple stages of gestation. I never knew the fingers could be seen after only a few months. It was amazing to see how the heart, brain, & spinal chord are the first organs formed when we begin life.

While we were at Body Worlds 3 there was a big protest going on at city hall across the street. It was due to proposition 8! There were two different crowds. The bigger crowd was for gay marriage and the smaller one against it. They were all screaming weird stuff. Overall it was a peaceful demonstration probably due to the amount of police present. My daughter read one of the signs and wanted to know what "homo" meant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 1st Half Marathon of 2013!

This is What Made ME CRY the Most!

June Workshop - Love U Dad!