Mom's Lil' Geisha Girl



My daughter LOVES to wear makeup. One day she wanted to wear makeup to school and I reminded her that she was not allowed to wear makeup at school. She said; "Mom do you want to know why we can't wear makeup at school?" It is because the boys will think we are pretty and they will want to love us and kiss us!"

One day while picking up pizza, my daughter told me the man in the store was ugly. I explained he probably had a beautiful spirit and that is more important than what he looks like on the outside. I also told her to never say anyone is ugly, because that will only make them cry. She later said; "Oh, I get it. It is like you. You are ugly, but you have a beautiful spirit." She then laughed and stated she was just teasing me. Next time I will keep my mouth shut and let her tell me someone ELSE is ugly.

One day while watching TV my daughter said; "Mom, all the girls have skinny eyebrows. I want skinny eyebrows, because they make girls look pretty." Later she says; "Mom how come you don't have skinny eyebrows?"

While in church my daughter was tired and had her head in my lap. She looks up at me and said; "Mom, do you still have milk in your breast?" I quickly told her no and asked why she was asking. She said; "I'm thirsty!" NOTE: One of my sisters is currently breast feeding her baby and my daughter is very curious about it.

One day my daughter started making barking sounds. She told me she speaks in dog!

My daughter was riding her bike one day and she didn't have a helmet on. I reminded her she needs a helmet while riding her bike. She said she didn't want to wear a helmet, because she wanted to be "free as a bird, like Spirit." Spirit is the wild mustang in the Dreamworks movie Spirit, Stallion of the Cimarron.

My daughter told her school teacher that I didn't get married because their are more boys than girls on the earth and I couldn't find a boy. I told her that the real reason is no man ever asked me to marry him. I told her maybe I could still get married one day. My daughter quickly said; "Mom, your too old to get married now!"

One day while I was in the bathtub my daughter came in to talk to me. She pointed to my stomach and asked if that is why I never found a daddy for them. I asked her what she meant. She said; "Were you fat when you were looking for a daddy and none of them wanted you?" I was getting ready to answer when she said; "Or did you have short hair? Daddy's don't like short hair because then you look like a daddy too!"

One day my daughter asked if she could shave her legs. I told her no and that she would need to wait until she was 13 (it was the first number that came to my head). Later that night my girl friend said she found "long hairs" on her razor and that I might want to check my daughter's legs. I looked at my daughter's legs (just the calves) and the hair was still there. I asked my daughter if she shaved her legs and she showed me the tops of her legs, where she did in fact shave the hair off. I reminded her that she wasn't supposed to shave her legs until she was 13. She said; "Oh, I forgot. Thanks for reminding me."

Comments

mbreck said…
That makes me laugh! She is so funny. And no man I have seen is worthy of you. You are beautiful and smart and funny and have a sweet spirit in and out!
Lea said…
Oh my, she's too funny. I'm loving the funny things that come from my 3 year old. It looks like it's going to get better!
Kristin Coppee said…
Uuhh..if you're ugly, I don't even wanna' KNOW what I would be classified as!

Thank you, kids, for keeping it real. Mine point things out on a daily basis that I don't really wanna' know!
Anonymous said…
Oh my gosh...kids and their comments...killer! Ashton asked me once if she would have a big butt like me when she grew up..lol. When I am in the first trimester of my pregnancies I break out REALLY bad...and then it eventually clears. It was the worst with Peyton. Dalton pointed at my face and said....eww...what's on your face. I told him they were pimples...he replied..."that's gross"...I wanted to cry because it was gross and there was nothing I could do about it. At least it makes for a funny story later on. Your stories are hilarious. She won't believe she said all that when she is older.

Popular posts from this blog

My 1st Half Marathon of 2013!

June Workshop - Love U Dad!

Fun in Florida at Walt Disney World!