Football Finally!

My son has been begging to play football since he was 5 years old and he finally hit the age and weight requirement to play this year! He needed to be 7 years old and 40 pounds. He is 7 years old (almost 8) and 51 pounds. Yee Haw!!!

He doesn't have his jersey yet, but I was so excited that I had to get a picture of him in all the pads. I can't wait to see him play and to scrapbook the memories. August 16th is his first game!

He has football practice 5 days a week for 90 minutes each. Wow! He will need to start eating more or he will lose weight and be too light to play! LOL! Today I was going to walk around the field while he practiced, but it was too hot (about 98 degrees). Or was I just so proud to watch my son doing something he has wanted for so long and finally experiencing it. So I was lazy and just sat in the shade smiling and watching my son get the workout of his life. And guess what? He loved it! That's my son for ya! He loves to exercise. I swear, he will never be fat.

My daughter asked if she could play princess football! Can you picture little girls wearing all those pads under a pretty princess dress?! She always makes me laugh! Maybe I should get a picture of her dressed like that while my son has all his football gear! It would be a hoot!

Comments

Anonymous said…
OH man...you're a brave mom...lol...Dalton wanted to play football and I told him let's try something else first...lol. Pop Warner scares me...let me know how it goes...I'm so afraid of my boys injuring themselves. Every boy wants to play it...the uniforms are just so tough...what boy wouldn't want to wear that...he's such a cute kid.
Jena said…
He looks so excited! How fun to have something new to scrapbook!
Nicole said…
What a little stud!! He is just absolutely darling!! Your daughter is a crack up, and I love your header with that silly pic of them both. So so cute!
Kristin Coppee said…
I'm sorry, did you say "hot" and then "98 degrees" in the same sentence? Come to Arizona! No wait - don't. I'll come your way instead. I want your "hot" days.

I love the football uniform. That is so fun. You're right, if he keeps up the sports, he will never be fat. I need to play some sports. (SIGH) It's too hot.
Kristin Coppee said…
Oh, btw, I'll be watching for that "princess football uniform" picture.
Anonymous said…
Hi woman, just hanging with NS and had to check out your blog. Love it.

Michelle

Popular posts from this blog

My 1st Half Marathon of 2013!

June Workshop - Love U Dad!

Fun in Florida at Walt Disney World!