Wendover Fun!
My children and I went to Wendover, Nevada with some friends for a quick get-a-way! I don't gamble, so I hung out at the pool all day with my children. I scrapbooked a few layouts, but had to be creative because it was windy and my papers kept blowing away!
We decided to go for a drive and found ourselves in a subdivision of Wendover. We seen a cross on the hill and went to take a look. We found a Catholic church and a mound with 13 crosses set-up in a circle with a larger cross in the center with Christ on it and a statute of his mother Mary. My friend who was raised Catholic said it appears to be what is called "the stations of the cross." We looked at each of the 13 crosses and they each had a different picture of Christ on it. It was neat to see!
We also went to the city cemetery, but I didn't take any pictures. It is funny what people put on loved ones graves! A jug of water, toys, stuffed animals, pictures, letters, rocks?! What is the jug of water for anyway?
Here we are in the pool. My children were fishes the whole time we were in Wendover. They only came out of the pool to eat and sleep. And even then it was hard to get them out! We tried to get all of my friends away from the gambling and in the pool, but they wouldn't do it! Only my closest friend swam with us.
My son is getting better and better at swimming. He amazes me! He can now dive from the side and he swims in the deep water, which makes me nervous! Here he is doing a back flip while I push him up into the air. My oldest sister and I use to do this all of the time when we were young and I loved it as much as he does!
Comments