Thanksgiving Fun with Family!


































My family all met at my oldest sister's house for Thanksgiving this year. My children and I stayed in a motel near the Manti temple. I loved seeing the temple all lit up each night.

My children and I learned a new game called "Fugitive." The game is played by having one or more people drive around in one or more vehicles pretending to be the cops, while searching for the fugitives. If a cop finds a fugitive(s) they honk their horn and the fugitive(s) comes out of hiding. The fugitive(s) try to get from point A to point B without being caught by the cops. The game is played in the night.

When I first played the game I was a cop, which made me nervous because I couldn't find my eight year old son. Later I decided to be a fugitive, which was a blast. I was in a group with three of my nieces. We hid in bushes, dumpsters, behind vehicles and in ditches. I haven't had this much fun since my college days! And I felt like a teenager again!

Thanks Teresa and Jon for teaching my children and I how to play fugitive. You rock! I can't wait to come visit again.

My whole family, except one niece and her husband, made it to my sister's house. It's been a long time since we have all been together, and we didn't even get a picture of the whole group, which made me sad once I realized we were all together.

My son played XBox most of the time we were at my sister's house. I found out he had been playing a game called "Halo." The game is for mature players, because it is a game of violence, madness, and mayhem. Now he wants the game, but is too young to have it. I should have paid closer attention to what he was playing.

My three brother-in-laws did wind up taking all the boys (except the 2 yr old) out to shoot real guns. My son has always wanted to shoot a gun and was so happy he was finally old enough to be included. I was nervous, but trusted the men. Although I would have felt more comfortable if they would have said a prayer before they left!

My daughter had a blast trying on all of her cousins dance clothes. She even learned a couple of dance moves and preformed a few of them for us. Now all she talks about is her cousin Meg and all her cute dance clothes.

Comments

Erica said…
thanks for your comment on my blog....my daughter is 11...so she had to earn this dog I tell ya...and she did :)
Brit said…
I can't believe my mom played fugitive... Wow. I used to always have to be the cop for my brothers. Of course I'm still a better cop than my mom.
Anonymous said…
How fun...sounds like a great time!

Popular posts from this blog

My 1st Half Marathon of 2013!

June Workshop - Love U Dad!

Fun in Florida at Walt Disney World!