Ringing in 2010 from our Home-Sweet-Home!

We rang in the new year at home this year. We played the games we got for Christmas. Mancala, Quadrago, and Warriors of the Promised Land!
My daughter begged my friend to get her Mancala for Christmas. My children play this game at school/daycare all the time. I finally learned how to play it and found it was a fun game. It is very easy to learn and understand.

I got this game for my children for Christmas. It is called Quadrago. The object of the game is to get four wooden beads in a row before your opponent does. It is fun because your row can go horizontal, diagonal or vertical. And you can also twist the center four pegs by 90 degrees! It is a very fun game.
My son played this game with his grandpa the other day and had a good time.
We got this Warriors of the Promised Land card game from our home teacher/visiting teacher (the Burchells). I kept reading the instructions and couldn't figure out how to play it. Finally, my friend read it and taught my children how to play it.


Lily was such a good puppy and sat quietly on the floor while we played games.


My children each wanted to play a different game with my friend, so she played with both of them at the same time. Then my daughter started playing both games too!
We watched "Titanic" after playing games. My children had to try getting on their toes like the girl (Rose) did in the movie.
My daughter had to get her big heart necklace on because it is like the one Rose had on in the movie.

At midnight we did some fireworks and then finished watching Titanic. I can't believe I stayed up past midnight. Happy New Years everyone!

Comments

mbreck said…
It sounds like a great time! I will have to check into those games. They look cool. And fireworks in the snow....never seen that. How fun.

Popular posts from this blog

My 1st Half Marathon of 2013!

June Workshop - Love U Dad!

Fun in Florida at Walt Disney World!