South Jetty Beach in OR
When we arrived at the beach we had to walk up a huge sand hill, which proved to be one heck-of-a workout. My children ran up it with ease, while my friend and I (and other adults) panted and slowly struggled our way up.
Once we got to the top of the sand hill (I'm the King of the World) and looked down onto the other side we found we had to walk down another steep sand hill to get to the beach. So I decided to sit down and take a rest while my children ran and played on the beach. I laughed in spite of myself as I watched my children joyously running as fast as they could picking up sea shells (even broken ones) and placing them into their sand buckets. It was a hoot and looked like they were at an Easter egg hunt. The beach was covered with sea shells, so it didn't take long before their buckets were overflowing.
My son dug a huge hole in the sand looking for who knows what (treasure I'm sure)! And at one point, we all walked along the water's edge as the waves brought in new and interesting things as well as cool sea shells and sand dollars.
I wish we lived closer to the ocean so we could go to the beach more often. Everything about the ocean and the beach is tranquil and calming. We could have stayed there all day!
Comments