Sunset State Park and Cape Arago Lighthouse in OR
While in the park we seen several sea lions leisurely lying on a rocky island called Simpson Reef. There were so many we could hear the sea lions barking, which was neat. A lady from the local area said sometimes you will see whales feeding on the sea lions. And that whales can be seen swimming up and/or down the coast just beyond Simpson Reef during certain times of the year.
We stopped at several view points but couldn't see Cape Arago Lighthouse. Like I said in another post, Oregon needs more signs to direct you to the lighthouses. Anyhow, after searching high and low we decided to give up and started heading out of the park. On our way out we were looking out at the ocean and there it was. The lighthouse could be seen in the far distance and only because we happened to be driving in the opposite direction. I was so happy we found it after all the hunting. I didn't have a zoom lens at the time, so you can hardly see the lighthouse in the distance.
Comments