Nehalem Beach, OR





Walking onto Nehalem Beach was like walking into a war zone or a major disaster area. The miles and miles of drift wood was unreal. And just to get to the beach, you had to walk through about 25-30 feet of driftwood. I talked with a local to see if this beach always had this much drift wood and was told no. I was told back in April, Oregon was hit with massive storms, which brought in a lot of drift wood to the beaches and downed a lot of trees in the mountains. Only then did I notice the mountains had areas where all of the trees were knocked down, but I didn't really think about it until I spoke with this local.

My children loved wondering through all of the driftwood. It took us all a while to even get to the beach, because they just wanted to play on all of the logs. People who had visited the beach before us had built little wooden shacks, which provided nice play houses for my children.

Comments

mbreck said…
How cool! Have you noticed your cutie always cocks her head to one side or the other? SO cute.

Popular posts from this blog

My 1st Half Marathon of 2013!

June Workshop - Love U Dad!

Fun in Florida at Walt Disney World!